Staff Network Engineer - End-to-End Capacity Planning
Posted on: September 13, 2023
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by
building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless
network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a
network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to
satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the
changing world. -
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are actively seeking an experienced and knowledgeable
Principal/Senior Network Engineer to join our dynamic End-to-End
Capacity Planning team. In this role, you will play a crucial part
in supporting the DISH Wireless 5G National team, acting as the
subject matter expert for network capacity plans and budgets. Your
expertise will contribute to the evolution of our network, ensuring
optimal performance and growth. -As a member of our team, you will
collaborate closely with a talented group of engineers focused on
developing annual and multi-year end-to-end network capacity plans
in the 5G O-RAN network. You will work in close partnership with
various engineering, technology, and operations functions within
our organization to align network planning and performance
activities. -Responsibilities: -
- Develop annual and multi-year end-to-end network capacity plans
and projections for all network platforms, including RAN, Core, IP
Network, and cloud computing.
- Create multi-year and annual capacity budgets for all
- Maintain an end-to-end capacity modeling tool that generates
detailed capacity projections for each network platform.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Enterprise Sales, Marketing, and
Retail Sales organizations to provide expertise on subscriber and
- Act as the network point of contact for operational and systems
aspects related to new products or business initiatives, ensuring a
clear understanding of capacity impacts.
- Work closely with operations and IT teams to identify and
implement the necessary systems and tools for effective network
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics &
Communication Engineering, or Wireless Systems Engineering.
- 7-9 years of hands-on experience in wireless operations and
end-to-end capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of radio access technologies, wireless
spectrum, and device technologies.
- Solid understanding of RAN, Core, IP Network, and cloud
computing concepts and implementations.
- Demonstrated experience in automating planning and performance
- Proficiency in network modeling and network analytics.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full lifecycle management of
technology in wireless networks.
- Familiarity with mobile network operator deployment
architecture and security requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with
strong problem-solving abilities.
Compensation: $100,625.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our -. Successful completion of a pre-employment
screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.
Keywords: DISH, Lakewood , Staff Network Engineer - End-to-End Capacity Planning, Engineering , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!