RN After Hours - Med Surg
Posted on: September 14, 2023
RN After HoursResponsibilities
* Salaried Position, $15k sign on bonus eligible for new hires*
* Work-from-Home, responding to phone calls triaging care which may
include visiting participant's residence when medically
Our Visiting After Hours Registered Nurse (RN) work a rotational
on-call after-hours schedule as part of the comfort care and
after-hours team. They respond timely to afterhours calls from the
participant (or their family) to assessing and triaging the
situation by phone first to determine appropriate response or
treatment which may include performing a home visit. This also
includes communicating with the provider on call and/or
visiting/coordinating care at a facility if necessary as well as
providing clinical guidance and education to the participant,
family and caregivers as needed.
Rotational Schedule - several days on, then off
After Hours - 4:30pm to 8am
Salaried position with mileage reimbursement at $.65/mile
Provides phone triage and drives to participant's home/community
for direct care as needed.
Will support enrolled participants for their designated PACE
* From incoming calls supports on-call assessments with
participant/family initiating appropriate intervention, including
identifying emergency situations with the ability to
* Develops a comprehensive assessment of the participant's needs,
follow plan of care implemented by IDT team, provides services
and/or treatments requiring specialized nursing skill, councils the
client and family in meeting nursing need, coordinates services,
informs the physician and other staff of changes in the client's
needs, and assists with transfers of care (respite, discharge from
* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures and provides treatments and procedures that contribute
to the physiological and psychosocial outcomes and stability of the
* Recognizes and responds to variances of patient care/ condition
and appropriately notifies physician and team in a timely manner,
utilizing the latest PACE standards per departmental policy.
* Supports proactive visits and calls to participants based on the
recommendation of the clinical or other interdisciplinary team
members. Additionally, they are responsible for facility transition
planning when on call.
* Performs a handoff with peers and center-based teams when
changing shifts reporting current condition and needs of high-risk
participants for after-hours care.
* Participates in clinical team huddles either virtually or in
person on a regular basis. Comes into the PACE Center on a regular
basis and as requested to work with the clinical team, attend
educational programs, demonstrate competency, and participate in
* Accurately completes all required clinical documentation
consistently per InnovAge standards in electronic medical record
which includes completing and signing or routing participants EMR
notes and l orders to physician.
* Maintains a safe patient care environment by complying with
InnovAge policies/procedures/regulatory requirements that support
National Safety Patient Goals, ADC and PACE Federal regulations and
* Reports into Director Comfort Care & After-Hours Nursing
supporting the on-site In-Home Services Manager.
* LEARN MORE - Nursing at InnovAge
* Current State issued Registered Nurses License
* Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR
* 2+ yrs health care with an emphasis in geriatrics, with at least
one year home health services
* Requires reliable personal transportation, current state issued
driver's license, good driving record and auto insurance.
* Associates Degree in Nursing
* Bachelor's degree in nursing
* 3+ yrs health care experience with emphasis in geriatrics
Experience and knowledge of supportive/bereavement counseling
techniques, strategies and available resources and the ability to
apply/inform family members and/or caregivers.
* Experience in end of life/hospice setting.
* Bi-lingual-Spanish, Russian, Punjabi or Hmong
InnovAge's Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is
an alternative to nursing facilities. Seniors receive customized
healthcare and social support at a nearby PACE center supported by
a team of medical experts dedicated to providing personalized
healthcare and support to help them age at home. Our greatest
assets are our team members who make a difference in the lives of
those we serve every day. Elevate your future with co-workers
passionate about a patient-centered care model supported by
comprehensive services to improve the quality of care while
reducing over-utilization of high-cost care settings.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer InnovAge is
committed to and values an inclusive and diverse workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other status prohibited
by applicable law.
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including
qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Range is not
inclusive of potential bonus or benefits. Comprehensive benefits
include m/d/v, short and long-term disability, life insurance and
add, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts,
401(k) savings, paid time off, and company paid holidays.
Posted Salary Range
USD $95,000.00 - USD $120,000.00 /Yr.
Keywords: InnovAge, Lakewood , RN After Hours - Med Surg, Healthcare , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!