RN Wound Care Specialist - PCU - Progressive Care Unit
Posted on: September 14, 2023
RN Wound Care SpecialistResponsibilities
The RN Wound Care Specialist supports clinical and nursing home
staff in the management of InnovAge admitted participants for
acute/chronic wound care and education. They collaborate with the
interdisciplinary team daily to coordinate appropriate plan of care
as it relates to wound healing. Physical attendance at an InnovAge
facility and/or an InnovAge participant home is essential to
performing the job duties.Participant Nursing - 70%
* Assesses, develops, plans, and evaluates care provided to
participants while admitted in nursing home settings.
* Collaborates with physicians, other members of the
interdisciplinary health care team, and patient/family in the
development, implementation, and documentation of appropriate,
individualized plans of care to ensure continuity, quality, and
appropriate resources as it relates to wound care.
* Recommends alternative levels of care and ensures compliance with
federal, state, and local requirements.
* Assesses high risk patients in need of wound care. High risk
participants with the diagnosis of peripheral vascular, neuropathy
* Collaborate with clinical and nursing home staff to develop and
coordinate the implementation of a wound care evaluation and
treatment plan to meet participants identified needs.
* Communicates the plan to physicians, participant,
family/caregivers, and appropriate nursing staff.
* Reviews, monitors, evaluates, and coordinates the patient's wound
care plan to assure all appropriate and essential services are
implemented timely and efficiently.
* Collaborate with the InnovAge wound clinic to triage participants
for priority of care and routes accordingly.
* If required, visit participant in the nursing home setting to
help coordinate care and discharge plan.
* Provides participants, clinical and nursing home staff with
education to assist with healing and preventive measures for wound
* Assists in the examination, creation of wound care plan.
* Processes orders and disseminates orders and instructions to
appropriate personnel, in addition to implementing orders written
by primary care physician(s) and wound care team.
* Oversees scheduling of specialist appointments pertaining to
Administration - 30%
* Builds collaborative relationships with external and internal
* Develops, implements, and maintains a current nursing care plan
in cooperation with the Clinic Nurse Manager.
* Coordinates transfer of patients to appropriate facilities;
maintains, and provides required documentation.
* Maintains and reviews participant records, charts, and other
* Effectively communicates in interdisciplinary team meetings,
family meetings, partnership meetings and clinic meetings.
* 3+ years with direct patient care in management of wounds, acute
* Current State issued Registered Nurses License or Licensed
Practical Nurses License
* Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR
* WCC/CWCA; or obtain WCC/CWCA within six months of hire
* 2+ yrs working with frail and elderly
* Associates Degree in Nursing
* Bachelor's degree in nursing
* Certification as a Gerontological Nurse
* 3+ years health care with emphasis in geriatrics
InnovAge's Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is
an alternative to nursing facilities. Seniors receive customized
healthcare and social support at a nearby PACE center supported by
a team of medical experts dedicated to providing personalized
healthcare and support to help them age at home. Our greatest
assets are our team members who make a difference in the lives of
those we serve every day. Elevate your future with co-workers
passionate about a patient-centered care model supported by
comprehensive services to improve the quality of care while
reducing over-utilization of high-cost care settings.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer InnovAge is
committed to and values an inclusive and diverse workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status, pregnancy or any other status prohibited
by applicable law.
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including
qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Range is not
inclusive of potential bonus or benefits. Comprehensive benefits
include m/d/v, short and long-term disability, life insurance and
add, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts,
401(k) savings, paid time off, and company paid holidays.
Posted Salary Range
USD $41.00 - USD $45.20 /Hr.
Keywords: InnovAge, Lakewood , RN Wound Care Specialist - PCU - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!