Nurse, Residential Recovery - Nurse Resident
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Nurse, Residential RecoveryBONUS OPPORTUNITY ELIGIBLE
At Jefferson Center, it is our policy and our mission to be
inclusive and mindful of the diversity of everyone who comes
through our doors. We are passionate about building a community
where mental health matters and equitable care is accessible to all
races, ethnicities, abilities, socioeconomic statuses, ages, sexual
orientations, gender expressions, religions, cultures, and
The Residential Recovery Nurse will provide medication monitoring
for Jefferson Center's Residential/Inpatient program. This position
will have oversight of all medication processes and will administer
medications to patients. Provide psychiatric and substance use
nursing services to patients of the residential/inpatient program,
including development and application of internal medical program
improvements. Collaborate with the Medical Director and any
additional provider(s) in all phases of medication management, side
effects, and follow-up as needed. Identify potential physical
problems and possible solutions impacting the mental health and
early recovery stability of patients. Provide group and individual
education to all patients regarding medical (physical, psychiatric,
SUD) diagnoses and treatment.
* In collaboration with Medical Director and admissions
coordinator, determine appropriateness of admission for patients
based on assessment and/or ASAM Criteria, and reported
pre-existing/current medical conditions.
* Works collaboratively with Medical Director and treatment team to
complete needs assessment with all patients on the day of
admission, throughout treatment and at discharge. Use EHR to
document medical and psychiatric findings and establish plan of
care to be assessed on an ongoing basis (RN only).
* Perform physical exams for every patient upon admission. (RN
* Coordinate psychiatric exams, if applicable, within 24 hours of
admission (RN only).
* Implement prescriber orders, either written or verbal.
* Administer medications to patients and ensure Medication
Administration Records (MAR) are updated to reflect medication
* Coordinate prescription refills.
* Assist Residential Clinicians in transferring patient's medical
and psychiatric needs upon discharge.
* Assist Clinicians with needs assessment for patients at
admission, throughout treatment and discharge.
* Order and review labs as requested by the prescriber.
* Assess clients for medication efficacy and/or side effects.
* Provide medication education/medication groups for patients.
* Coordinate medication concerns with prescriber.
* Make PCP referrals prior to discharge, as needed.
* Coordinate with PAP office to ensure new clients are signed
* Draw blood and perform medication injections.
* Assist with milieu management, as needed.
* Develop therapeutic alliance with clients and work effectively
and with cultural competence with clients from diverse
* Order, stock and reconcile the medication cabinets and order OTC
medications and medical supplies.
* Ensure compliance with the Health Department, OBH, Signal and
* Complete and submit Medication Occurrence Reports on all
* Perform routine medical procedures (blood pressure, pulse
oximetry, temperature, breathalyzer, urine drug testing, urine
pregnancy testing, finger stick glucose testing, etc).
* Collaborate with local public health departments in education and
harm reduction initiatives from substance use (may include needle
exchange, HIV, HEP B and C, TB and STI testing).
* Collaborate with the Jefferson Center nursing team and other
center teams, as needed.
* Identify risk factors for suicide, homicidal and/or grave
disability. As appropriate, complete involuntary mental health
holds (27-65) according to Center protocol.
* Interacts with clients to provide guidance, safety, stability,
and direction including de-escalating potentially dangerous
* Work collaboratively with others to innovate and problem solve -
especially within your field of expertise.
* EHR documented history, physical and mental assessments including
a plan of care for patients on the day of admission and as needed
throughout their treatment episode
* Individual patient and group education regarding basic medical
* Medication documentation and administration, including IM
* Assistance for the milieu staff to evaluate a patient's medical
* Emergency Procedures: CPR, First Aid, Narcan, Epi Pen, AED
* Evaluations to determine emergent or urgent acute patient needs,
including, but not limited to, a(an):
* Life-threatening event
* Acute suicidal or homicidal event
* Acute psychiatric episode
* Acute withdrawal syndrome
* Psychiatric examinations, as needed
* Primary Care appointments and follow-ups, as needed
* Prescription Refills, including verbal orders from the Medical
* Ordering, drawing and reviewing labs
* Communication of medication side effects or problems with
* All aspects of patient care with the treatment team
* Medication Management Oversight including:
* Daily audit (during scheduled workdays)
* Implementing and adhering to all Medication Protocols
* Monitoring medication quantities and refills, including disposal
of discontinued medications per the program's Dead Med
* OTC administration, reconciliation and accounting
* MAR maintenance and updates
* Allergy documentation
* Submission and review of medication occurrence reports
* Assessing patients for medication efficacy and/or side
* Directly with patients to help explain and support the emotional
and psychical aspects of their care and treatment
* Effectively with patients using respectful bedside manner
* Directly with patients to determine acute need for medical
* Using de-escalation techniques
* Directly with the Program Coordinator and Program Manager in
collaboration for co-supervision with the Nursing Manager and the
Medical Director regarding patient care
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional
* Attend mandatory in-services and comply with individualized
training plan for your role, as applicable.
* Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Report high risk/problem cases and utilize a problem-solving
approach as well as feedback provided during supervision.
* Meet with [co]supervisor at specified intervals and times.
Communicating directly with the Program Coordinator and Program
Manager in collaboration for co-supervision with the Nursing
Manager and the Medical Director regarding patient care
* Attend nursing meetings as scheduled.
* Work with patients to coordinate internal and external medical
and psychiatric care.
* Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, in the
* Maintain cooperative and respectful relationships with patients,
staff, and community partners.
* Effective and timely responses to patient requests, needs and
* Timely responses (within 24 working hours unless indicated as
urgent) to phone calls, e-mails, and other requests.
* Volunteer to work on Center wide committees and/or task forces as
requested by your leadership team.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* AARN, BSRN, MSRN or LPN registered with DORA required.
* Two or more years of experience and/or training in a behavioral
health setting required.
* Candidate must have a good understanding of co-occurring
disorders and treatment. An ideal candidate would have familiarity
with medication assisted treatment (MAT), withdrawal symptoms,
psychiatric diagnoses, and associated treatment(s).
* Candidate must have a good understanding of various medical
conditions including emergent and nonemergent conditions,
especially those conditions pertaining to co-occurring
* Candidate must have a basic understanding of using a trauma
informed approach with patients including positive bed side manner
and upholding unconditional positive regard during interactions
* Applicant must have basic computer skills such as e-mail,
electronic health record documentation, electronic prescribing, and
electronic laboratory interface.
* Current and maintained CPR and First Aid Certification.
Salary Grade 15- (Registered Nurse) $64,600 to $85,100. *10% added
to base salary 24/7.
Additional Salary Information*:
* All salaries at Jefferson Center are calculated based on years of
total relevant experience.*
* The salary range above is based on 1.0 FTE (full time equivalent)
or 40 hours per week. Less than 40 hours/week will be prorated and
adjusted to the appropriate FTE.*
BONUS OPPORTUNITY!! Three phase bonus paid out using the following
schedule. Based on full time (40 hours/week). Prorate if less than
40 hours/week. Must work a minimum of 20 hours/week to be eligible
for bonus. Current Jefferson Center employees are not eligible for
sign on bonus*
$2,500 one month anniversary
$2,500 6 month anniversary
$2,500 1 year anniversary
* Flexible scheduling options and remote work options for eligible
* Relocation assistance, up to $1,500, for out of state candidates
willing to relocate to Colorado.
* Medical (Kaiser or Cigna), Delta Dental, and EyeMed Vision
* Life, LTD/STD, and malpractice insurance paid by Jefferson
* 401(k) plan with matching employer contribution and 403(b)
* 15% Wellness Discount on medical insurance plans for
* 1 Paid Wellness Hour per week (based on FTE)
* Health Insurance Reimbursement up to $125 per month
* Generous Paid Time Off plus 13 paid holidays per year
* Employees with 1 year of service are eligible for Supplemental
Parental Leave up to 60 hours (based on FTE)
* Extended Paid Bereavement Leave up to 20 days
* Trauma Informed Care Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement after one year of employment
* Clinical License application fee reimbursement
* Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility and Colorado Health
Services Corps loan repayment plan options for participating
employees & eligible sites.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Lakewood , Nurse, Residential Recovery - Nurse Resident, Healthcare , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!